The program covers key aspects of the changing media landscape, which is increasingly shaped by artificial intelligence (AI) and related technologies. The symposium is organised by ARD.ZDF Medienakademie and IRT--Institut für Rundfunktechnik. It is a follow-up to their 2015 conference on Big Data. Topics include:
- convergence and AI, AI and digital content, social networks and AI
- deep learning
- human machine interaction
- AI in workflows, AI as a creative partner, AI on demand
Why are we there?
We have three good reasons to attend this conference:
- On Day 2, Birgit Gray of DW Innovation will speak about Data and Automation in Media: New Big Data Tools for Journalists. In her talk she presents possible usage scenarios for eight journalism tools, which have been developed as demonstrators in the News-Stream research project (one of our current R&D efforts). The presentation also covers the wider context for these tools: media areas where data and automation apply, changing workflows, and added value.
- On both days of the symposium DW Innovation participates in the demonstration of these tools. We invite you to visit the News-Stream stand in the entrance area and test them.
- Finally, the IRT symposium is a great opportunity to network and exchange ideas with other attendees from diverse media innovation backgrounds: programming, production and technology in the IT, publishing, research and start-up sectors.