Why are we there?
We are honoured to be invited to participate in an EBU organized workshop on October 20th, 2:15pm on "VR and 360° Filming for Public Broadcasters" (full agenda here). These are some of the topics the panelists will cover:
- Some of the best case studies and trends from public service broadcasters experimenting with 360 & VR.
- Using 360, VR & AR to engage with audiences around a show, a TV series, news documentaries or major international events–the most successful experiences and the lessons learned.
- What content is best suited for VR & AR, and what workflows best support its production.
- How public broadcasters can help and educate the audience to make the best out of 360, VR & AR experiences, and how we can create awareness of its potential.
- What do we know about audience VR content consumption habits and what do they expect from us–is the market ready or is it too soon?
- Plans for the near future in VR & AR exploration from public broadcasters
Our VR expert Linda Rath-Wiggins (also CEO of Berlin VR start-up Vragments) and Wilfried Runde, head of DW Innovation Projects, will be part of this exciting panel. They will highlight early VR experiments and introduce Fader, a VR authoring tool for journalists developed by Vragments currently in early beta testing phase.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with Linda or Wilfried before or after the event. They will be happy to discuss our work with you. Follow us via the official hashtag ~~#~~VRARWorld or via @DW_Innovation.