Good news: We have kicked off yet another exciting human language technology (HLT) project. It is an EU-funded research and innovation action (RIA) called SELMA, which stands for: Stream Learning for Multilingual Knowledge Transfer.(more…)
You ever wondered how to make a visual search in a video? You would like to look for a particular person, a well-known politician or a person of contemporary history? You need to find a particular object such as a car, a house or a building? If you currently want to make these kinds of searches on your video collection, you may have a hard time. Use AXES!
Short and sweet: Five links that lead to novel views about media, tech and innovation.
1. How Apple launched the iPhone with a mix of preparation and pressure. A rare look behind the scenes.
2. Why develop in the Newsroom? Hint: Journalists would not need to start from scratch day by day.
3. Open Source: How Facebook helps building new (better, cheaper) data centers.
4. Beautiful, nice to read, but headed for oblivion? Why visually attractive tablet magazines might be a failure.
5. Amazing: How data can be visualized by now. The ‘making-of’ a series of stunning visualizations for Foursquare.
The CoSyne project (Multilingual Content Synchronization with wikis), in which Deutsche Welle Innovation takes part, is nearing its end. CoSyne targets to find a solution to the current problem of comparing and updating wiki pages on the same subject in different language versions. (more…)